Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Strangers into Acquaintances

Were you surrounded by unfamiliar faces, unknown people and weird looks given by people around you when you try to talk to them?? Yes you tend to freak out, and get a little nervous about it. 




My God!! How should I react? What should I say??

But did you know that at the same time, those people you were nervous and uncertain about actually feels the same way towards you too? I guess knowing this would mean a lot to you now right. Well it did to me though.  

When I finally realised that the person standing right in front of me also was having the same wild running thoughts of what to say to me, what to do next, instead this person handled it in a very well mannered. Hmm, sounds pretty tough to handle right, but actually it is not at all, once you know what you are doing.

What I realised was three things in this person whom handled being around me although I was a complete stranger.
  • The person was attentive (totally no interruption)
  • The person smiled a lot( and I mean a lot!! )
  • The person only kept the conversation positive even though it was not supposed to be
"Positive thinking will let you do anything better than a negative thinking will"-Zig Zaglar

When I started to apply these three basic principles that I learned, I started feeling comfortable almost with every new person whom I met that day. It eventually boost my confidence level and gave me no more sweats. I started nodding and listening to the other person rather than thinking in my head what should I say next. I started to link everything the person say and to my surprise I did not have to think of what to say next, because I fully understand what he/she meant, so I just have to continue from there on. 

To add on my surprise of communicating with these people, they tend to give me back the same respect, attention and mutual understanding that I wanted in the first place. It's like I get what I give!

I know I am not perfect yet, but I am still perfecting my other skills though. The world out there has so much of opportunities of learning and it never ends. But I am excited to explore more!!!

Hey, if you have something to say about how you deal when you meet a person for the first time, let me know. Sharing it would be awesome to, and learning different things would be great. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Hacking Your Mind

Hello my lovely readers. Welcome back for another write up of "How To Hack Your Mind". I'm excited for this blog as I person...